Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Gas Prices Help Drive Down SUV Resale Value

Gas Prices Help Drive Down SUV Resale Value:
by Sara Kehaulani Goo & Dan Morse, Washington Post -- Sept 14, 2005
Robin Rynn, a mother of two who lives in Columbia, said she was dismayed that the dealer gave her so little for her Ford Expedition when she traded it in last week -- about a third less than she expected.
'They told us nobody's buying them. They said, 'We've never had this many,' ' Rynn said. She looked at buying a hybrid SUV but decided that the wait was too long and that it was too expensive. Instead, she got a Lincoln Aviator, a large SUV but not the largest, which retails for $41,000. She said she could not bring herself to buy a minivan or a wagon. 'I feel like my life is over when I buy a van,' she said. 'I've become what I never wanted to be in my life.'

No comments: